I have been a visual design freelancer since 2011 in the downtown Phoenix area. Oft working as a catalyst who brings innovation and passion to the modern workplace/project, I do well with creative endeavors such as branding, writing, and design. I also have a knack for technology, small business development, and keeping it simple when efficiency calls for just updating the existing marketing. "Whatever's clever!" is my favorite conversation reply.
• • •
Adobe Creative Suite
(Especially great at Indesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator)
Microsoft Office Whiz
(Especially Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word)
Writing & Editing
Tech Support / Office Technology
Idea Farming / Creativity
* Served as a personal design consultant for customers of Shutterfly's higher-end holiday product line. It is a spin-off brand called TinyPrints, www.tinyprints.com
* Served as editor and proofreader for these customer projects ("another set of eyes") helping to eliminate the need to reprint due to unforeseen errors. To have the final product turn out the absolute best it could be for each customer became my passion
* Completed up to eighty finalized designs per day in this capacity with a monthly reprint count at or below two orders
* Worked extensively with Adobe Illustrator template layouts, and achieved intermediate-level Adobe Photoshop editing skills addressing such issues as special customer requests, readability, alignment, red eye reduction, color correction, cropping, contrast, minor patching, and stamping
* Fielded inbound and outbound phone communications; maintained top notch customer service standards throughout all order processing
Honest-1 Auto Care
Sep 2011 – Jan 2016
* Served as the head graphic designer for this auto care franchising company, producing major marketing pieces for use inside any of the 55 shops overseen by the company as well as multiple different advertising formats dispersed to customers nationally
* Produced 15 monthly franchisee e-newsletters using Constant Contact®, as well as multiple e-blasts to over 50,000 customers nationwide
* Coordinated multiple projects for the marketing aspect of the company coupled with serving as the main person in charge of technical support, information systems, minor network setup, and anything related to upkeep of computers, printers, etc.
* Prioritized and juggled multiple catch-all projects, including a number of administrative tasks common to small businesses
* This position transitioned into a freelance position in November of 2012 (nights/weekends).
Nov 2012 – Mar 2014
* Served as the head graphic designer and front-end marketing associate for this technology reseller primarily servicing government contracts (products included computers, notebooks, tablets, servers, and peripherals).
* Focused on web brochures and a weekly e-blast advertisement sent to over 10,000 federal employees as well as covering any graphic design and/or marketing needs presented in a tech environment.
* Made arrangements for all tradeshow marketing, giveaways, registration for major conferences and events.
* Participated in the writing of contract proposals to introduce the company and explain how the company fit with the ideals of various contract requirements for government buyers.
* Met with reps from partner companies (HP, Microsoft, Intel, etc.) to utilize partnership programs and joint marketing funds for various targeted marketing plans.
Mar 2014 – Present
* Created a fun, punctual, and pleasant experience for the Phoenix population to reach their destinations in a relaxed, professional manner, serving as a Lyft driver (nights and weekends).
* Trained, interviewed, and mentored new and potential drivers for the Lyft platform.
* For more information see wikipedia's article on "Real-time ridesharing"
Prophetline, Inc / SpectrumRetail
Technical Support Agent
Nov 2010 – Jul 2011
* Answered tech support phone calls from customers regarding purchase, operations, and troubleshooting of the ProphetLine proprietary point-of-sale software, a very in depth accounting and retail management software package
* Connected to customer servers and workstations remotely to fix problems using Ammyy Admin remote control software
* Documented calls via Bridge database software, and escalated in-depth issues to programmers and higher-level support staff
* Trained customers and new staff members in basic operations of the software package
* Monitored e-mails and voice mails from customers who had questions about their purchase of the software
University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
Jan 2008 – May 2009
* Assisted students, faculty, and staff with PC hardware and desktop application issues over telephone/email
* Documented calls that needed on-site or programmer assistance via HEAT® database software
* Edited and regularly updated university helpdesk web page—http://helpdesk.uafortsmith.edu
* Set-up wireless networking for students with portable notebook computers to access the campus network
* Contributed to training new staff members in campus policies and procedures regarding handling problems with campus-wide
Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago
Aug 2006 – May 2007
* Administered Microsoft Access work-order database for citywide federation-operated property providing a means for work-orders to be tracked through completion, queries to be run based on various requested criteria, reports to be generated comparing punchlist categories, etc.
* Provided daily Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop graphical meeting schedules for the corporate conference center’s tele-data video screens.
* Maintained in-depth Microsoft Excel billing spreadsheets for all utility accounts-payable on properties operated by the federation while creating and maintaining an invoice tracking system to eliminate missed payments.
* Performed basic clerical work in a not-for-profit environment including billing, ordering, filing, fax/scan/phone service, payroll, letter correspondence, vendor communications, conference center scheduling, etc.
* Served as the office’s unofficial “computer guru”.
2006 – 2007
* Worked part time to supplement income (nights and weekends)
* Learned how to open and close a high-end fitness club in downtown Chicago.
* Dealt with an array of membership, billing, scheduling, and customer service issues common to a large fitness club.
Screenz Digital Universe
Oct 2005 – Apr 2006
* Managed cash office and front desk operations in this internet café and coffee shop environment.
* Ran one-on-one personal training sessions to teach basics of Internet, XP, Office, Photoshop, digital imaging, and desktop publishing software.
* Invoked spearheaded plans for full service document scanning, photo scanning, iPod back-up, and CD to digital music back-up.
Full Life Centers
Mar 2005 – Oct 2005
* Handled the day-to-day operations, appointments, scheduling, ordering, and insurance tracking for this busy Lincoln Park psychiatrist’s office.
* Participated in marketing/advertising through the use of web advertising and affiliate marketing campaigns.
* Explored sales avenues for company involvement via numerous outside sources.
Loft Development Corporation
Sep 2002 – Aug 2004
* Regularly shouldered company business objectives in a rigorously competitive market.
* Managed the operations of a 56,000 square foot climate-controlled storage facility that accommodated over 1100 tenants.
* Handled accounts that annually grossed in excess of $1.5 million in sales.
* Initiated programs that eliminated 90% of past-due tenants from the company auction list.
* Acquired skills in management, customer service, inventory, cashiering, billing, and collections.
* Managed a group of maintenance personnel in the upkeep and repair of the facility.
Abercrombie & Fitch
Mar 2001 – Aug 2002
* Participated in the MIT program, progressed to assistant manager, and became store manager in fewer than six months.
* Managed overall sales, merchandising, visual presentation, recruiting, interviewing, scheduling, and training.
* Consistently met or beat LY figures in a store that averaged sales of $4.5 million per year.
* Led management training programs for new managers and devised a streamlined orientation program specific to the store.
* Trained new brand reps and perfected the visual standard in a new Abercrombie & Fitch store prior to its opening date.
* Focused on presentation, sales, staffing, recruiting, and general customer experience in this dual-gender apparel store.
Tech Support Coordinator
Jun 1997 – Mar 2001
* Collaborated with programmers and store associates to troubleshoot issues that came up in worldwide Wal-Mart stores.
* Documented technical issues in Remedy® incident-tracking software, becoming familiar over time with operations, functions, and navigation of the software package.
* Dealt with remote, store-level POS devices, PC-hardware installations, Microsoft Windows 98/2000 and Office software, proprietary systems, applications, terminals, and networks; all support was via telephone.
* Routed phone calls for the international customer service hotline and the CEO’s customer relations line.
* Served as a team-lead of 30 agents; coached them on phone productivity and assisted them with difficult internal and external customers.
University of Arkansas
Bachelor of Science Walton College of Business 1995 - 2000
Major in Computer Information Systems
Minor in Architecture
Activities: Lambda Chi Alpha
University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
Associate of Applied Science Graphic Design 2008 - 2011
Northside High School
Diploma 1993 - 1995
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Chip Baranowski, CFE
Franchise sales and development, coaching and mentoring sales team, franchisee and broker relationship management.
I have collaborated with Josh on multiple projects over the past four years ranging from printed sales slicks to large 3-D tradeshow marketing. He is a top-notch, ultra-creative manager who really goes the extra mile to produce what his internal and external customers want and need in a relevant and timely fashion. He has definitely inspired me to think outside the box. Working together has allowed us to come up with a number of even more innovative ways to impress future and current Honest-1 Auto Care franchisees. He has been a valuable asset to the Honest-1 team.
VP, Regulatory Business Controls | CFPB
I worked long hours with Josh, and can say he is one of the most collaborative people I've worked with in my 15 yr career. Josh has strong talent in customer based marketing, merchandising, and sales. Josh is robust in high volume situations, consistently acting within the published operating procedures of the company, when others might make excuses due to volume of work.
My recommendation for Josh would be a Mid-level Leadership type role that requires a well rounded professional whom has education and talent, along with the will and desire to learn and grow within the organization.
What a great person to work with! Josh is very knowledgeable and very creative. He has wonderful organizational skills and he communicates his projects with detail. He has always been wonderful to work with and have never come across an issue we both couldn't work out together. Great project manager and designer!
© Copyright 2017